Georgia, USA - F.R.E.E Project
Our mission is to provide refugee families with the education, help, and resources (food, clothing, furniture, household goods, and access to medical, dental and eye care etc.) that they so desperately need. We are passionate about providing a bright future for refugee children and believe a true Christian education leads to that future. We use philanthropy to provide tuition for refugee children to attend private school (DACS/AAA and DAJA) where they can obtain the individual attention they require.
F.R.E.E. is a 501(c)(3) Christian volunteer organization operating primarily in the inner city refugee community of Clarkston, Georgia serving the refugee families who have legally immigrated into the United States from overseas.
- Average Fundraising Goal: May vary. ~$500. See Student Missions Office.
- Timeline: Dates and duration are flexible.
- Location: Clarkston, Georgia. Check out the location on Google Maps!
- Living Accommodations: Home of local SDA family or gym floor of local SDA church or school.
- Language: English (Tiddim, Karen and other languages helpful as a second language)
- Food: Volunteers may be in charge of their own meals. In the case of living with another family, some meals may be graciously provided by the family.
- Requirements: Driver's license and mode of transportation.
- General labor
- Computer assistant
- Song leader
- Bible study leader
- ESL Teacher
- FLAG camp leader
(Click to enlarge)
TODAY - Clarkston, GA
Learn about the refugee culture of Clarkston
Interested in Georgia?
Apply for your preferred position at least four months before you plan to serve, though spots may be available up until a month before departure.