Southern's Oral History Project
Southern's Oral History Project
If you are contacted by PCI, please consider sharing stories of your Southern experience with them. These stories will be collected for an online interactive story wall and printed in Southern's Oral History book.
If you haven't been contacted by PCI but you would like to share your story, you may do so by calling 1-855-976-2516. We'd love to hear your story!
Please note that while you will have the opportunity purchase the book and other Southern items, a purchase is NOT required or expected for the inclusion of your story.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Southern Adventist University. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Southern Adventist University and how the school helped to shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – this allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our school
- Revenue (if applicable) – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- School Spirit – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share stories about your time at Southern. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Southern at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Southern Adventist University update line at 1-855-976-2516.
- If you are living internationally or are unable to call the update line, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
If you would like to participate and are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, please email email@example.com. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, class year and degree, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your alumni record for the school/alumni association. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before February 9, 2024, by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can call back at any time before February 9, 2024, to share your story.
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color)
plus a caption. If you believe you should have received this email already, please
email email@example.com for help.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The Southern Adventist University Oral History Publication is only available for sale
from PCI to Southern Adventist University alumni. This included anyone who attended
Southern for 1 full semester or more.
If you are not a Southern alumni but you are interested in this book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project will be underway until August 2024. Books will be distributed in August once the project concludes.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.
4881 Taylor Circle
Collegedale TN, 37315