Supporting Southern Students in Need
How can I help?
Southern students have been profoundly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many rely
on jobs to supplement their tuition and cover daily expenses yet currently find themselves—and
potentially their parents—out of work. They are now struggling to fund their education
and, in some cases, meet their basic need for food, housing, and access to the online
Sometimes a little support during a time of need can make all the difference in whether or not students complete their education. That’s why we have established the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund. We hope to provide relief to the students with the greatest need, helping to cover one-time expenditures.
Many in our Southern family have asked how they can help. If you are able, I invite you to partner with us as we care for our current and prospective students facing insurmountable hardships. Your financial support will make a life-changing difference for our students.
Thank you for your support and prayers.
What will my gift do?
Gifts to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund will provide support for students struggling with:
- Family/personal emergencies
- Loss of income due to recent unemployment or catastrophic illness
- Emergency travel and moving expenses
- Prescriptions and other costs related to medical or mental health issues
- Necessary academic supplies and textbooks
- Technology or equipment needed to ensure continuity of online learning