Vision 20/20 is Southern Adventist University's strategic plan for 2010-2020. The plan is the result of prayer, as well as feedback and visioning sessions with all of our audiences, including students, faculty, community leaders, church leaders, and our Board of Trustees. The plan describes goals the university has set for the next decade in order to maintain a positive living and learning environment.
Vision 20/20 Goals and Imperatives: Strengthening the Student-Centered, Christ-Focused Living and Learning Environment
- Increase the six-year graduation rate and improve opportunities for student success.
- Build on market research to identify opportunities for new programs of study.
- Strengthen the integration of faith and learning in each academic discipline.
- Build a small-college focus within the larger university.
- Facilitate meaningful student relationships with advisers and professors.
- Inspire a passion for missions and service; increase student and employment mission, service, and civic engagement opportunities.
- Provide an environment where each student has inviting opportunities to grow in a relationship with the Lord.
- Emphasize healthy living and wellness with the campus and community.
- Implement a green-campus initiative.
- Design a facilities master plan that protects and enhances Southern's natural resources while planning appropriately for growth.