Field School of Evangelism
A full-scale six-week evangelistic series is conducted by the School of Religion each summer, under the auspices of the Southern Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Most summers, students also have the option to participate in a three-week evangelistic series in an overseas campaign. All theology majors, in the summer after their junior year, are required to participate in one such field school.
Students planning to take the summer field school program must have:
- Earned 55 semester credit hours.
- A 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
- Taken Intermediate Biblical Preaching, Personal Evangelism II, and Evangelistic Preaching.
- Be accepted as a ministerial trainee in order to be approved for participation in field school.
- Obtained applications and information from the field school coordinator.