Southern Adventist University is accredited by:
- Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award one-year certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, call 404-679-4500, or visit http://www.sacscoc.org for questions about the accreditation of Southern Adventist University.
- Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities. Contact the Association at 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, Maryland 20904-6600, call 301-680-5068, or visit http://education.gc.adventist.org/ for questions about the accreditation of Southern Adventist University.–
Schools and departments of the University are also accredited by the following:
- The Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Nursing Practice degree programs in nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326 http://www.acenursing.org/). The School of Nursing is an agency member of the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs and the Council of Associate Degree Programs of the National League for Nursing. The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- The School of Nursing is an agency member of the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs and the Council of Associate Degree Programs of the National League for Nursing.
- The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing http://health.state.tn.us/Boards/Nursing/index.htm.
Education and Psychology
- The School of Education and Psychology teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. (http://www.ncate.org/)
- The university is approved by the Tennessee State Board of Education (http://www.state.tn.us/sbe/) for the preparation of secondary and elementary teachers.
- The School of Music program is accredited by the National Association for Schools of Music (http://nasm.arts-accredit.org/index.jsp).
- The Long-Term Care Administration program is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long-Term Care Administrators (http://www.nabweb.org/nabweb/default.aspx).
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (http://iacbe.org/).
- The School of Computing's BS in Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- The School of Education and Psychology's MS in Counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
Physical Education Health and Wellness
- The Social Work program is accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (http://www.cswe.org/).
Southern Adventist University is also a member of:
- the Association of American Colleges -http://www.aacu.org/
- the Council on Education -http://www.acenet.edu/
- the American Council of Independent Colleges - http://www.cic.org/
- the Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities http://www.hacu.net
- the Tennessee College Association - http://www.tennesseecolleges.org/
- the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association - http://www.ticua.org/
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education - http://www.aacte.org/