"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." 2 Tim. 1:7, NIV
Intramural sports are about more than just playing games when the ultimate goal is to give glory to God. Recognizing that each person is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14), the intramural program at Southern Adventist University provides a wide variety of activities to enhance the educational, recreational, and cultural experiences of students as well as employees. Southern's program is committed to excellence and offers athletic events that foster a healthy and safe social environment and bring fairness and balance to life.
We strive for sportsmanship is to be exemplified by all of our participants in our intramural program here at Southern. The link below is a recent example of sportsmanship that occurred in the Little League World Series; the pitcher's sportsmanship demonstrates how sports can build character and bring comradery even among opponents.
Intramural Registration Information
EVERY PARTICIPANT will need to go to www.imleagues.com/southern to register for an account to sign up to play intramurals.
What You Can Do on the IMLeagues Website:
- Register an account to participate in intramurals (Once your register the first time, you can use your account to sign up for all sports for the entire time you are at Southern Adventist University). Please go to our ELIGIBILITY PAGE to check if you are eligible.
- Sign up your team as the Team Captain.
NOTE: In order for you to add a person to your team, they must be registered on IMLeagues.
You can send an email invitation through IMLeagues.
- Sign up as a Free Agent if you don't have a team to play on yet.
- See Rosters once they are posted.
- Add/remove players to/from your roster.
- See Team Schedules and embed them in your Google Calendar or iCalendar.
- See Results and Standings.
- See Field/Court locations.
- Access Rules information.
- See Announcements regarding rain-outs, rescheduling, etc.
- IMLeagues has a FREE Android and iOS app of which you can download.
(If you still have the old REC*IT App... just delete it, and download their new official app).
Note: All fall/winter sports except softball and volleyball will require you to have a jersey from the campus shop!
Winter 2021 Intramural Schedule
Volleyball Signups Nov 13 - 18, 2020
Volleyball Captain's Meeting Wednesday, Nov 18, 2020 at 5 pm in Hulsey
Volleyball Season Jan 19 - Feb 18, 2021
Basketball Signups Feb 5 - 17
Basketball Captain's Meeting Wednesday, Feb 17 at 5 pm in Hulsey
Basketball Season Feb 22 - March 25
Soccer Signups March 12 - 24
Soccer Captain's Meeting Wednesday, March 24 at 5 pm in Hulsey
Soccer Season March 29 - April 29
Tennis (Singles) Signups March 19 - 31
Tennis (Singles) Meeting Wednesday, March 31 at 5 pm in Hulsey
Tennis (Singles) Season April 4 - May 1
Badminton Tournament (Singles & Doubles) Signups March 19 - 31
Badminton Tournament (Singles & Doubles) Captain's Meeting March 31 at 5 pm in Hulsey
Badminton Tournament (Singles & Doubles) April 4 - May 1