School of Computing
Love computers and gadgets? Do you get wrapped up in building faster computers, problem solving for your neighbors, and creating mobile apps? If so, computer science is in your blood. Here are some facts you might like:
- The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that more than a quarter of a million new computer science-related jobs will be created from 2008-2018.
- Southern students have interned with Google, worked for NASA, Microsoft, and Intel, and entered quality Ph.D. programs.
- Southern’s computer science and computer science-embedded systems bachelor programs are fully accredited, so you know you’re getting the best training available.
- The School of Computing has a 5-year placement rate of over 98%. That means while looking at our graduates from the past five years, over 98% of them are currently working in the field.
- Our graduates work at Google, Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Multiple Seventh-day Conferences and Unions around the United States, and too many other places to name.