Southern Adventist University welcomes active duty and veteran U.S. Service members.
We recognize that there are unique considerations in this return to civilian life
and pursuit of professional and personal development. The following information is
provided to assist the research, application and enrollment processes. Please reach
out to us with any questions whether you are thinking about enrolling, already have
applied, or are an existing student. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you
as you chart your path to graduation.
Selecting the right program
Our degree and certificate programs prepare you for a variety of careers while also
building a skillset to help you navigate life’s surprises. Graduation requirements
are provided on this website and we also have academic advisors and career counselors
ready to share helpful information as you compare and choose your preferred program.
These individuals are familiar with the TA program and consider your unique circumstances
as they provide assistance. Specific resources include:
- The academic catalog gives specific degree requirements for each program of study.
- The Advising and Retention office welcomes the opportunity to help you evaluate your academic options and pick
classes. We will help you review your academic options before you apply if you wish
and remain available to assist you throughout your time as a student.
- The Career Services office offers valuable assistance in choosing a program of study and as you transition
to your career after graduation.
Is Southern affordable?
Cost and financial aid information is available in the finance section of this website
and by speaking with our finance counselors. We are eager to help you determine what
the cost of attendance will be and to compare ways to meet these obligations.
- The Financial Help Booklet explains the financial process and provides details about costs and the types of
scholarships, loans and other funding options that may be available. You can also
learn how to apply for financial aid.
- There is an extensive amount of information on our website to provide you with the
latest information on tuition and fees, grants and scholarships, loans, FAQs and other useful information that will help you over the course of your studies at
Southern Adventist University.
- The Net-Price Calculator provides an estimate of the cost of attendance, including common scholarships and
grants you may be eligible to receive.
- We are eager to provide a more accurate financial plan and encourage you to speak
with Fred McClanahan, our Prospective Student Finance Counselor and VA coordinator,
by calling 1.800.SOUTHERN or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial planning information is available before you apply to help you identify
the full range of assistance you are likely to receive and we encourage you to learn
about the costs and resources before you consider or are offered any loans.
Other important information
A range of useful information about graduation statistics, campus safety and applicable
policies has been linked to one helpful summary location. Please review the consumer information and browse the Southern website for additional information for specific questions
you have. Our Admissions counselors are also ready to assist you (email email@example.com or call 1.800.SOUTHERN). There are a few other facts you may want to know, which
are summarized below. We will gladly provide you with the full details for any item
that interests you.
- Our Admissions counselors are here to help you. We abide by strict ethical guidelines
and regulations in our recruiting to ensure we accurately and fairly represent information
to you and we do not compensate recruiters directly or indirectly based on whether
or not you apply or enroll. We also do not provide you or other individuals with prohibited
gratuities or other inducements to try to get you to enroll. We want you to choose
the institution where you are best positioned to succeed and we will be as transparent
as possible to provide you with all the information you need to make your choice.
- We will attempt to contact you about your interest after you provide us with contact
information but we will not repeatedly make unsolicited contacts to you in a single
day (three or more) or pressure you to apply and register in the same day.
- We encourage you to speak with your Educational Services Officer or counselor within
your Military Service prior to enrollment to ensure you understand your benefits,
the impact your enrollment may have on your other obligations, and obtain any other
helpful information you may need for your decision.
- If you must suspend your studies due to service requirements we will work with you
to provide for readmission and we will comply with Department of Education guidelines
- If you withdraw before your course is 60% complete we will refund a portion of the
TA funds (as well as any other applicable Federal student aid) to the US government,
following Federal Title IV guidelines, and you will be responsible for any remaining
balance due. If your withdrawal is due to fulfilling a military service obligation
Southern will work with you to find a solution that does not require you to incur
debt to cover the refunded TA funds.
- Southern Adventist University is fully accredited at the institutional level and also
for degrees where specific program accreditation is beneficial. The next reaffirmation
of our institutional accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is scheduled for 2022. Full accreditation details
are available here.
- Southern Adventist University is a participating institution under the Department
of Defense (DoD) Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding. Please
visit www.dodmou.com if you would like more information from the DoD on this program.