Come be a part of an effective program!
- The School of Education, Psychology, and Counseling is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for initial educator preparation and approved by the Tennessee State Board of Education for the preparation of secondary and elementary teachers. The Teacher Education Program is endorsed by the Seventh-day Adventist North American Division Office of Education.
- Follow-up studies of alumni and employers demonstrate the effectiveness of the Teacher
- Student teachers complete the edTPA, the State of Tennessee teacher certification exam. This exam consists of a highly structured lesson sequence, developed by the candidate, demonstrating planning, instruction, and assessment. The edTPA is externally evaluated by trained scorers. Successfully completed, it demonstrates a positive level of candidate teaching competency.
- Of the cohort (beginning) classes of 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20, 91 of 96 (95%) graduated within an expected time frame.
- Of the 147 completers of five-year period 2015-2020, all met Tennessee licensure requirements.
- Of the 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 completers, 64% found their initial employment in private schools and 23% in public schools. (Others chose to continue their education, take time out for parenting, or explore other career paths.)
- An April 2021 study of 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 alumni indicated that of those who could be tracked and were teaching, 79% were in the same school in which they started teaching.
- Of the 24 respondents to the Employer Survey of 2021, 23 (96%) indicated their perception that teaching alumni were making adequate or exemplary contribution to student-learning growth
- Link to Accountability Measures