Digital Engagement Manager
The Digital Engagement Manager develops content that reaches Southern Adventist University constituents by leading, developing, and implementing the university’s social and digital advertising strategy. This position focuses on analytics, testing, and optimization as well as social campaigns and online relationship development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and execute a social media strategy and schedule through competitive research, benchmarking, and message identification for key audiences including alumni, church members, local community, parents, current students, and prospective students
- Create up-to-date, and well-crafted communication incorporating Southern’s key messages, best practices for search engine optimization, and usability for the university’s websites and digital advertising
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content (including original copy, images, video, or basic HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages online community members to take action
- Develop advertising strategies for the university including inbound marketing content and digital advertising on website, social media, and search engines that uses metrics and testing to increase effectiveness
- Continuously capture and analyze the appropriate social media metrics, insights, and best practices, and then act on that data to increase audience engagement
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Advancement, Admissions, academic areas) to identify stories and event opportunities for use in social media and on the website
- Support Marketing and University Relations, Admissions, and Advancement initiatives and campaigns though social media, advertising, and other promotional efforts
- Serve as a key member of the crisis communication team to craft crisis-related responses for social media and monitor key channels for information gathering and sentiment analysis
- Supervise social media and website student workers as needed
- Other duties as needed
Job Skills and Requirements
- Experience and ability writing effective copy for websites, social media, and search engine optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage website and social analytics through testing and research.
- Awareness of the latest trends and tools for developing and managing social media content including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
- Ability to solve problems and resolve issues while enhancing the university’s reputation through world-class customer service
- Video production and/or graphic design experience preferred