Vice President for Marketing and University Relations
The Vice President for Marketing and University Relations helps design and coordinate a comprehensive and integrated marketing communications plan to increase understanding, support, and communication of the university mission and goals to all the university's public, both internally and externally. The office's work includes community relations, public relations, publications, advertising, media relations, web and Internet communication, special event marketing, and recruitment and advancement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the administrative team in planning, implementing, and evaluating an integrated, campus-wide strategy of marketing and communication that achieves specific goals and contributes to the university mission.
- To supervise the staff and students who work in Marketing and University Relations.
- To maintain university brand through monitoring and researching perceptions and using key messages to convey our mission intentionally in all communications to all audiences.
- To maintain university visual identity which supports the brand through coordinated logo, color, and font use and a family design for publications, stationery, advertising, web design, forms, etc.
- To anticipate, prepare for, and deal with the public relations aspects of unusual or crisis situations, and to implement a crisis communication plan when the need arises.
- To give strategic marketing direction and vision for Southern’s web site and provide a process of assistance for departments who require web help.
- To ensure the quality of design and content of all publications that leave campus.
- To facilitate departmental requests for marketing and publications assistance.
- To assist campus departments with marketing planning.
- To provide strategic direction for the university’s advertising strategy.
- To maintain a proactive media approach, pursuing coverage in print and broadcast media, as well as church communication vehicles.
- To facilitate internal communication through print and electronic mediums.
- To facilitate community relations initiatives.
- To handle special projects as assigned.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Tactful and flexible with proven customer service skills.
- A commitment to teamwork, excellence, creativity, and initiative.
- A desire to benchmark to best practices in the field of marketing and public relations.
- An ability to multitask/prioritize demanding and time-sensitive projects.
- Willingness to use advanced software and networking capabilities to advance office goals.