Membership Benefits and Policies
- Memberships are non-refundable and on an annual or monthly basis. Payments by cash, check, credit card, or pre-loaded ID card are accepted.
- Members that exhibit belligerent behavior towards staff, students, or other members of the facility will be subject to suspension or termination of their membership without reimbursement. The Dean of the School of Health and Kinesiology has executive privilege to suspend or terminate the membership of any member for reasons specifically mentioned or not mentioned in the policies. (See Code of Conduct page)
- Members must be 18 years of age to be eligible for membership (exception given to full-time Southern Adventist University students under age 18). The children of members are welcome to use the pools, accompany their parents in the racquetball courts, and climb on the Indoor Rock Wall (under 14 need to accompanied by a parent/guardian). The fitness floor and walking track are designated for members only. The Iles Gym is only for current students (graduate or undergraduate taking 6 credits) and full-time employees and their immediate family.
- Use of the aerobic machines (treadmills, bikes, elliptical, and stair climbers) will turn over every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. If no one is waiting, a 30-minute extension is permitted.
- Modesty of dress should always be considered. Shirts that reach the top of the pants/shorts and fully cover the torso and shoulders are required on the fitness floor and walking track. Pants/Shorts should be long enough to cover the gluteal fold. Denim is not appropriate. Exceptions to this dress code are allowed in the pool area and basketball courts. Closed-toe athletic non-marking shoes are required. One piece swimsuits are required in the pool areas. (See Dress Code sign for examples)
- No food or drink other than water is permitted at the fitness floor, pool areas, saunas, whirlpool room, or walking track.
- Cell phone and camera use is not permitted in locker rooms or saunas.
- Personal listening devices may be used only with headphones.
- Please use equipment wipes after each use of equipment on the fitness floor.
- Only members age 18 or older are allowed on the fitness floor and walking track.
- Members have priority for enrollment in group classes.
- Childcare is available for an hour at a time. Parents are responsible for any diaper changes.
- Massage and personal training are available from certified massage therapists/trainers at an additional cost. Inquire at the front desk for details.
- Human performance lab testing is available by appointment for an additional fee. See the front desk for details.
- Racquetball courts can be reserved for the current day only.
- Where applicable, the above policies also pertain to use of the Iles gym.