With a master’s degree in business from Southern, you are positioned for career advancement.
- Graduates are prepared for expanded job responsibility and leadership roles.
- Southern graduates are heavily recruited.
- Chattanooga is “Gig City.” With the fastest internet service in the country, Chattanooga
hosts several major-name employers in business and industry.
- Southern has a strong healthcare affiliation. The School of Business maintains close
ties with leaders in healthcare organizations and enjoys strong collaboration with
the School of Nursing. View more about the dual degree program: MSN/MBA »
- View more about the dual degree program: MSW/MBA »
How the program works
On-campus and online courses provide convenience and flexibility. Most part-time students
complete the MBA program in two to three years. Full-time students may finish in one
Also available completely online
The MBA degree is also offered completely online for emphases in Accounting (for students who have already taken Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2),
Finance, Healthcare Administration, Management and Marketing Management.
- Bachelor's degree: Bachelor’s degree in any area from an accredited program
- GPA requirement: Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Graduate application: Submit a graduate application (with non-refundable fee of $40). Apply now
- Transcripts: Submit official college and university transcripts. Many institutions subscribe to
the convenient transcript-request service at National Student Clearinghouse, or you may also contact your institution directly. Have your transcripts sent to
the Graduate and Professional Studies office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you earned your prerequisite degree at Southern, you do not need to complete
- Recommendations: Submit two recommendation forms (completed by work supervisors or professors). This
should be done as part of the online application process.
- GMAT requirements: Submit scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test taken within the past five years.
- Possible exceptions: With approval, applicants may be admitted without the GMAT if they have an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution with a minimum GPA of 3.25
or above, or a GPA of 3.00 and five years of full-time business-related management
experience. These possible exceptions do not extend to international students, who
must provide an official GMAT score and a TOEFL score of at least 100 (Internet-based)
as a prerequisite for acceptance.
Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States are considered
international students and must meet additional requirements for admission.
Since international students enrolling in programs offered completely online do not
travel to the United States, they are not required to obtain the Form I-20 or F-1
Student Visa, and they do not have to submit the Declaration of Finances. The MBA
emphases available completely online are:
- Accounting (for students who have already taken Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2)
- Healthcare Administration
- Marketing Management
International students who will be coming to Southern's campus need some additional
information about travel documents and living on campus.
Graduate assistantship application
For more information about a graduate assistantship, please contact the graduate enrollment
Select an emphasis: