Print, Scan, Fax, and Copy
Print, Scan, Fax, and Copy
Three print stations are available in the Library, two on the main floor and one on the second floor.
- Black and White Printing: Free printing is available on all three printers in the library for students. Black and white printing is $0.6 per page for community library users.
- Color Printing: Free color printing is available on the periodicals area printer for students. Color printing is $0.29 per page for community library users.
- Scans: Library patrons may scan to email for free using the periodicals area machine located on the library's main floor.
- Photocopies: Photocopies can be made on the library's main floor using the periodicals area machine and the second floor machine. Photocopies are 10 cents per page for black and white, and 20 cents per page for color and legal size.
- Faxing: A fax machine is available for public use at the circulation desk. This service is free.
Southern faculty/staff/student patrons may print documents wirelessly from their laptops or from laptops checked out at the library Circulation desk. Patrons desiring to print from their personal devices will find software instructions below:
- Webpage: To print wirelessly from your personal computer, simply follow the direction on the web printing website. Most common file types are supported.
- Email: To print an email message or attachment, simply forward your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment. Use these release codes to retrieve your documents. Email forwarding is ideal for online email portals such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, or Google Mail.
Paying for Printing and Copying Services
- Students: Printing for students is free. Please see the circulation desk for assistance.
- Faculty: Faculty must use their personal ID card to make copies. We no longer accept departmental charges.
- Community and Visitors: Printing and copying fees apply for community library patrons and visitors. The library will assist visitors in making copies on request. Photocopying is limited to library resources and there is a maximum of fifty copies. Community users can pay cash at the circulation desk. We are not able to accept credit cards or checks at this time. Please see the visitor's page for more information.
The priority for printing/copying/scanning at McKee Library is our students. As such, community users are limited to 50 pages per day for printing, scanning, and copying.
McKee Library adheres to copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code), which governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Any person using the library's equipment is liable for any infringement. For more information, please visit the library's copyright and fair use policy.