Print, Scan, Fax, and Copy
Print, Scan, Fax, and Copy
Three print stations are available in the Library, two on the main floor and one on the second floor.
- Black and White Printing: Printing is available on all three printers in the library. Cost of black and white printing is six cents per page.
- Color Printing: Color printing is available on the periodicals area printer. Cost is 29 cents per page.
- Scans: Library patrons may scan to email for free using the periodicals area machine located on the library's main floor.
- Photocopies: Photocopies can be made on the library's main floor using the periodicals area machine and the second floor machine. Photocopies are 10 cents per page for black and white, and 20 cents per page for color and legal size.
- Faxing: A fax machine is available for public use at the circulation desk. This service is free.
Southern faculty/staff/student patrons may print documents wirelessly from their laptops or from laptops checked out at the library Circulation desk. Patrons must have a valid Southern or Library Community ID card with available funds. McKee Library laptops already have the software installed, so they can print to the printer in the Periodicals area of the library without further setup. Patrons desiring to print from their personal devices will find software instructions below:
- Webpage: To print wirelessly from your personal computer, simply follow the direction on the web printing website. Most common file types are supported.
- Email: To print an email message or attachment, simply forward your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment. Use these release codes to retrieve your documents. Email forwarding is ideal for online email portals such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, or Google Mail.
- Apps: Look for the PrinterOn app in your device’s app store. Search for Southern Adventist University and choose the appropriate queue.
Paying for Printing and Copying Services
- Students: In order to photocopy or print, student patrons must swipe their ID card through the scanner by the copier or printer. Students must add money to their card at the Information Technology Campus Card Desk in Wright Hall, or go online to the Meal and Prepaid Plan page under General Shopping, to pay for copies and printouts. The price of the copy is subtracted from the total on the card for each page. The library does not accept cash under any circumstances. Students should not ask.
- Faculty: Faculty must use their personal ID card to make copies. We no longer accept departmental charges.
- Community: Community members with library cards will be requested to put money on their cards at the Information Technology Campus Card Desk in Wright Hall. However, the library will accept cash from community members who choose not to put money on their cards.
- Visitors: The Library will assist visitors in making copies on request. Photocopying is limited to library resources and there is a maximum of fifty copies. Please see the visitor's page for more information.
The priority for printing/copying/scanning at McKee Library is our students. As such, community users are limited to 40 pages per day for printing, scanning, and copying.
McKee Library adheres to copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code), which governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Any person using the library's equipment is liable for any infringement. For more information, please visit the library's copyright and fair use policy.