The Center for Teaching Excellence and Biblical Foundations of faith and Learning (CTE-BFFL) supports Southern's faculty regarding general as well as specific teaching strategies and issues. This section provides helpful tips, guidelines, templates, and consultations on multiple subjects. If you need information about a topic that is not included here, please contact us.
Here are some helpful tips to get you on the right track to a great semester:
- 2022-2023 Event Calendar
- Active Teaching and Learning Strategy Continuum
- Student Success Study Cycle
- Revised Bloom's Taxonomy
- Bloom's Taxonomy for Assessment
- Checking Assignments for Plagiarism by Using Turnitin in eClass
(Video on Panopto - login required)
- Textbook Ordering - BNC Services*
- First Day: Complete Solutions
- First Day: Inclusive-Access
- First Day: Instructor Dashboard Manual
*More information is in the Professional Development section under November 11, 2020 presentation.
- Top 100 Tools for Higher Education: digital tools and services that are used in colleges and universities to underpin education in 2019.
- 20 tools for significant learning and engagement from Online Higher Education, Andrews University.
- Teaching Online in Higher Education - Adventist Learning Community, North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists:
- Enroll in course (It’s Free)
- If you do not want to take the course, simply click on “Course Progress” and go directly to the “resource” tab to examine the different programs
- There are 10 modules with a plethora of resources – Don’t be overwhelmed!
- Starting the Semester: Information to help you plan and facilitate a successful first day of class.
- Syllabus Introduced: Save time during your first class for learning by waling your students through your course syllabus in a video which can be viewed before the first day of class.
- Syllabus Checklist: A Southern specific checklist of what is required in your syllabus.
- Syllabus Template: A Southern specific template with lots of instructions and examples to help you craft your Southern syllabus.
- Encourage Students in the Classroom: Encourage Students to do Pre-Class Work and to come Class Prepared.
- Policies and Procedures: There are numerous university policies you should be aware of, in addition to others that might be specific to your College or department.
- Using eClass: Our learning management system (LMS) software offers many advanced features, but we recommend you view this simple tutorial on getting stated as a minimum.
More Helpful Resources at:
MTWTh: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.,
F: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.,
Sun: 2-9 p.m.
| eClass Help Desk
MTWThF: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.