The Winter 2023 semester is right around the corner, and we can't wait for you to join our Southern family! As you're gearing up for classes to start, we want to let you know what to expect on your first day. Please watch the orientation videos listed on eClass and complete the associated quizzes by Friday, January 13th.
New Student Arrival Agenda:
- University Welcome and Breakfast : 9:00 a.m. Dining Hall
- Parents are invited to attend
- Check-in: Wright Hall
- Following breakfast and orientation until 2:00 p.m.
- If you are unable to arrive on campus until after 2:00 p.m., please call Renita Moore at 423.236.2575 upon arriving
- Title IX Orientation: 6:00 p.m. Bietz Center Grid (2nd floor)
- Supper will be provided
- Required for all students, parents do not need to attend
Important enrollment orientation information.
Orientation regarding the types of academic support resources available to you while at Southern.
Orientation on the safety protocols and resources that make your Southern experience as safe and convenient as possible.
Starting Off Right
A good start can be key to a successful experience at Southern.
An overview of the enriching student life at Southern. The orientation will include information about residence life, student government, social events, and much more.