Information Literacy Policies
A foundational aspect of the education provided at SAU is library instruction that will enable students to find, evaluate, and use information effectively, ethically, and legally.
- Faculty members need to contact a librarian to schedule an information literacy session for their class.
- Students or faculty in need of help with research are strongly encouraged to make appointments with the librarians.
- When meeting with librarians, students, or faculty are encouraged to bring a copy of the assignment or research project for which they need help.
- Appointment-based Reference
- In-person Appointments
- Zoom Appointments
- Walk-in Reference
Virtual Reference Services:
- Online Research Guides
- First Year Experience Library Orientation
- New Faculty Library Orientation
- JumpStart Library Orientation
- Research Process
- Utilizing and Evaluating Web Resources
- Understanding Copyright
- Archive Orientation and Tours
- Hierarchy of Evidence and Types of Sources
- Course-specific Presentations
- Assignment-specific Presentations
- Online Instructional Tutorials
Contact Bethany Howard for more information or to schedule an instruction session.