Library Instruction Services
Request Library Instruction
Librarians provide information literacy instruction for on campus, hybrid, and online courses.
- Contact the Library's Instruction Team
- Embedded Librarian Request
- Instruction Request
- Workshop Request
Designing Research Assignments & Integrating Research Skills into Your Course
Effective research assignments help your students develop appropriate information literacy skills, think critically, and responsibly use web resources. For tips on how to design an effective research assignment, please view our online tutorial. A librarian can partner with you to:
- Think through an assignment from a research skills perspective
- Verify if the resources needed to complete the assignment are available through McKee Library
- Arrange in-class and/or online research support for your students
Support for Online Instruction
Librarians work closely with Online Learning to provide library support for distance learners. Support includes access to electronic resources, access to eBook collections, and virtual research coaching.
Research Guides & Tutorials for Instructional Support
McKee Library's research guides provide discipline or course specific resources. Librarians are happy to work with professors to create custom learning tools, such as videos and handouts, to facilitate course goals.