Summer 2019 Swim Lessons, Parent and Child Aquatics, and Jr. Lifeguarding
Group Swim Lessons are available for children ages four to 14. Parent and Child Aquatics
is for children under age four and Jr. Lifeguarding is for children that have finished
level 5 who are interested in becoming a lifeguard. Private or semi-private lessons
are available for children or adults of all ages. See below for more information regarding
all of these offerings.
How to Reserve a Spot
If you have questions regarding the lessons you can call 423.236.2593.
Summer 2019 Group Swim Lesson Information
- The Summer 2018 Group Swim Lessons are for children ages four to 14. There are five two-week sessions this summer. Start dates are May 28, June 10, June 24, July 8, and July 22. Lessons are $60 for the first child, $55 for the second, and $50 for the third or more.
- Lessons are held Mondays-Fridays (except holidays) for two weeks from 8:30-9:20 a.m., 9:30-10:20 a.m. or 10:30-11:20 a.m. The Southern Adventist University curriculum will be used for these swim lessons.
- NOTE: Level 5 and 6 will only be offered at the 10:30-11:20 a.m. time slot during the July 9 session due to the Jr. Lifeguarding Class.
- What level should my child be in? Swim Level Requirements
Summer 2019 Parent and Child Aquatics Information
- The Summer 2018 Parent Child Aquatics class is for children under age four and will be held during the July 8 session. Lessons are $60 for the first child, $55 for the second, and $50 for the third or more.
- A parent or guardian will need to be in the water for this class.
- Parent and Child swim lessons meet from 9:30-10:20 a.m or 10:30-11:20 a.m.
Summer 2019 Junior Lifeguard Information
- The Summer 2018 Jr. Lifeguarding class will be held during the July 8 session. This is for children that have completed swim level 5 and are interested in becoming a Lifeguard. Junior Lifeguarding has a strong focus on developing swimming skills to help participants meet the Lifeguarding course prerequisite. The course also introduces participants to lifesaving skills, such as in-water rescues, use of a rescue tube, and first aid, CPR, and AED.
- Junior Lifeguard fees are $80 for the first child, $75 for the second, and $70 for the third or more.
- The Junior Lifeguarding class meets from 8:30-10:20 a.m.
Fall 2019 Swim Club and Group Swim Lessons Information
- Swim Club (3:30-5 on T/Th) will be held September 10–November 19 with a scheduled off day on October 17 and make up day on November 21.
- Group swim lessons (3:25-4:10 or 4:15-5 on M/W) will be held September 11–November 18 with a makeup day on November 20.
- Registration for both programs will open on August 5.
Private Swim Lessons
- Private or semi-private lessons for students, employees, and community start at $15 (private) or $20 (semi-private) per session.
- For more information or to signup go to our Private Lesson Page»
University Swim Classes
In addition, Southern Adventist University School of Physical Education, Health, and Wellness offers classes in Basic Swimming, Lifeguarding, Scuba Diving, and Water Safety Instruction. View the Winter 2019 course schedule to see these classes.