Summer 2019 Swim Lessons, Parent & Child Aquatics, and Jr. Lifeguarding
NOTE: Winter 2019 Group Swim Lessons will tentatively finish on April 10 and Swim Club will tentatively finish on April 9.
Group Swim Lessons are available for children ages 4 -14. Parent and Child Aquatics is for children under age 4 and Jr. Lifeguarding is for children that have finished level 5 that are interested in becoming a lifeguard. Private or semi-private lessons are available for children or adults of all ages. See below for more information regarding all of these offerings
How to Reserve a Spot
If you have questions regarding the lessons you can call 423.236.2593.
Summer 2019 Group Swim Lesson Information
- The Summer 2018 Group Swim Lessons are for children ages 4 - 14. There are five 2-week sessions this summer. Start dates are May 28, June 10, June 24, July 8 & July 22. Lessons are $60 for the first child, $55 for the second, and $50 for the third or more.
- Lessons are held Mondays - Fridays (Except Session 1 and 4) for 2 weeks from 8:30 - 9:20 a.m., 9:30 - 10:20 a.m. or 10:30 - 11:20 a.m. The Southern Adventist University curriculum will be used for these swim lessons.
- NOTE: Level 5 & 6 will only be offered at the 10:30 - 11:20 a.m. time slot during the July 9 session due to the Jr. Lifeguarding Class.
- Swim Lessons will not meet on May 27 (Memorial Day) or July 4 (Independence Day).
- What level should my child be in? Swim Level Requirements
Summer 2019 Parent & Child Aquatics Information
- The Summer 2018 Parent Child Aquatics class is for children under age 4 and will be held during the July 8 session. Lessons are $60 for the first child, $55 for the second, and $50 for the third or more.
- A parent or guardian will need to be in the water for this class.
- Parent & Child swim lessons meet from 9:30 - 10:20 a.m, or 10:30 - 11:20 a.m.
Summer 2019 Junior Lifeguard Information
- The Summer 2018 Jr. Lifeguarding class will be held during the July 8 session. This is for children that have completed swim level 5 and are interested in becoming a Lifeguard. Junior Lifeguarding has a strong focus on developing swimming skills to help participants meet the Lifeguarding course prerequisite. The course also introduces participants to lifesaving skills, such as in-water rescues, use of a rescue tube, and first aid, CPR and AED.
- Junior Lifeguard fees are $80 for the first child, $75 for the second, and $70 for the third or more.
- The Junior Lifeguarding class meets from 8:30 - 10:20 a.m.
Private Swim Lessons
- Private or semi-private lessons for students, employees, and community start at $15 (private) or $20 (semi-private) per session.
- For more information or to signup go to our Private Lesson Page»
University Swim Classes
In addition, Southern Adventist University School of Physical Education, Health & Wellness offers classes in Basic Swimming, Lifeguarding, Scuba Diving and Water Safety Instruction. View the Winter 2019 course schedule to see these classes.