Got computer problems? We can help. Call us, stop by, or drop off your computer at the IT Help Desk.
PERSONALLY OWNED COMPUTERS
We repair personally owned computers for students and employees for a small fee, usually around $15. We do very limited hardware repairs and specialize more in software issues and removing malware/viruses. But whatever your computer issue happens to be, feel free stop by, and we will do our best to help. Operating system installations are charged at a flat rate of $30 plus tax.
Bring your computer to the IT Help Desk (second floor of Wright Hall, beneath the Dining Hall) during business hours.
Usually our turnaround time is no longer than 24 hours, but since keeping campus-owned computers running is our top priority, this time may increase a little on busy days.
We purchase university computer systems and repair hardware and software problems on these computers. There is no fee for university repairs.
Buying computers for your department through Information Services comes with these advantages:
- We have an arrangement with HP that gives us great pricing and free shipping.
- As a nonprofit organization, we are not required to pay sales tax.
- Service time is reduced because we are able to repair familiar systems more quickly.
- University money is saved because of lower pricing and reduced service costs.
- The IT staff is familiar with trends in technology and can help make wise decisions on computer purchases.
- The IT staff supports only the computers purchased through Information Technology.
How to Purchase a Computer
Computer equipment purchase requests can be made through our support website at helpdesk.southern.edu/helpdesk/it. Just click "New Ticket" and select "Purchases" from the drop-down category list. Then fill in the appropriate information. If you have any questions, please call our help desk at extension 2707.
|MON - THUR
||8 a.m - 5 p.m.|
|FRIDAY||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Need Computer Support?
You may call 423.236.2707 or submit a work order.
During office hours, we try to send a tech immediately, but there may be a short delay on busy days. In any case, our goal is to fix problems as soon as possible.
We can answer basic questions on the phone during business hours.